The people and organizations of the Promise Zone will mobilize their human, natural, cultural, historic and economic assets to design communities where:
- A competitively trained workforce that can find meaningful work which provides wages and benefits capable of supporting a family;
- A healthy environment which provides diverse economic and recreational opportunities for a healthy population;
- Regional and personal histories to provide a context for the continued growth in the culture, artisan and crafts skills and knowledge that helped create such resilient people and places;
- There are opportunities for persons of all ages, abilities and interests to develop their talents as a foundation for personal development;
- Community and regional decisions reflect the broad engagement of all those who live here including the disabled and elderly thus energizing participation in civic life and
- Build a sense of hope and optimism for change through the implementation of the regional plan's action strategies.
Amended September 11, 2015