Publications and Resources
Combating Racism Advances Health Equity
In this article, HHS Office of Minority Health's Public Health Advisor Juliet Bui writes about how the Asian American and Pacific Islander community has experienced racism during the public health crisis. Not only are actions motivated by intolerance inherently wrong, but there is also evidence that suggests that they can affect the health and mental health of individuals and communities.
A Proclamation on Asian American and Native Hawaiian / Pacific Islander Heritage Month President Biden reminds us, “The American story as we know it would be impossible without the strength, contributions, and legacies of Asian American, Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders who have helped build and unite this country in each successive generation."
The Megaphone of Main Street: Unsung Entrepreneurs
This installment of SCORE’s publication focuses on unsung entrepreneurs as critical representatives of the current U.S. small business landscape.
4 Reasons to Value U.S. National Forests
The Pew Charitable Trusts offers key reasons to protect and value our National Forests to support the environment, heritage and the economy.
ERS: The COVID-19 Pandemic and Rural America
USDA offers information on how the pandemic is affecting rural America, including the spread of cases and trends in employment/unemployment among the U.S. metro and nonmetro populations and by ERS' county economic types.
Joint USDA & DOI Listening Session: Tribal Bison
June 1 | Virtual Listening Session
Join the United States Department of Agriculture and the Department of Interior for the first of a three-part series of listening sessions on Tribal Bison, co-sponsored by the Intertribal Buffalo Council.
Outdoor Recreation Roundtable’s Annual Conference
June 1-2 | Virtual Conference
The Outdoor Recreation Roundtable hosts a virtual venue where stakeholders from federal agencies, businesses and non-profits come together to discuss the future of outdoor recreation.
Rural Workforce Innovation Network Workshop: Rural Health Industry
June 10 | Virtual Workshop
Representatives from USDA Rural Development and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services will participate in a panel discussion to share resources to support rural employees and employers in the health care industry. Interested parties must register by Tuesday, June 8. Registrants will receive a calendar invitation with the Microsoft Teams link 24 hours ahead of the meeting's start time.
OneRD Guarantee Lender Feedback Forum
June 23 | Virtual Forum
Join USDA Rural Development for a feedback forum for lenders who have applied or are interested in applying to programs under the OneRD Guarantee Loan Initiative. The forum will provide lenders the opportunity to share ideas on how USDA can improve the application process and servicing options under the initiative.
BroadbandUSDA Webinar Series: NTIA Broadband Grant Programs
National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA) offers various workshops to discuss the three new broadband grant programs: The Broadband Infrastructure Program, The Tribal Broadband Connectivity Program, and The Connecting Minority Communities Program. Broadband Infrastructure Deployment Grants Program
- Register - June 9th Webinar
- Register - June 10th Webinar
- Register - July 14th Webinar
- Register - July 15th Webinar
Tribal Broadband Connectivity Grants Program
- Register - June 16th Webinar
- Register - June 17th Webinar
- Register - July 21st Webinar Register - July 22nd Webinar
Connecting Minority Communities Pilot Program
- Register - June 23rd Webinar
- Register - June 24th Webinar
- Register - July 28th Webinar
- Register - July 29th Webinar
COVID-19 Recovery Resources
Quick Links to COVID-19 Recovery Resources
- Congress: American Rescue Plan Act of 2021
- USDA: USDA to Begin Loan Payments to Socially Disadvantaged Borrowers under American Rescue Plan Act Section 1005
- USDA: American Rescue Plan Debt Payments
- USDA: Free Meals to Children Extended and Other COVID-19 Food updates
- USDA RD: COVID-19 Recovery Resources to Support Rural America
- USDA RD: Business and Industry (B&I) CARES Act Program: Application Deadline: Sept. 15 or Until Funds are Expended
- USDA FNS: Response to COVID-19
- CDC: Toolkit for Communicating About COVID-19 Vaccines
- CDC: Community Health Workers for COVID Response and Resilient Communities Funding. Application Deadline: May 24
- FEMA: COVID-19 Funeral Assistance Individuals and Households Program Policy
- HHS: Special Enrollment Period for Health Coverage Extended to August 15
- HHS: COVID-19 Grant Opportunities and Guidance
- HHS: We Can Do This: COVID-19 Public Education Campaign
- HHS: The COVID-19 Community Corps
- HRSA: Health Care-Related Loan Repayment and Scholarships
- SBA: COVID-19 Guidance and Resources
- SBA: Restaurant Revitalization Fund
- NIH: Community Engagement Alliance Against COVID-19 Disparities
- FCC/USAC: Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
- EDA: Public Works and Economic Adjustment Assistance Programs
To access programs that can be used to provide immediate and long-term assistance to rural communities affected by the COVID-19 outbreak, download the COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide.
Visit www.coronavirus.gov for the latest news from the CDC on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Visit www.rd.usda.gov/coronavirus for the latest news from Rural Development on how we are helping our partners, customers, and stakeholders impacted by COVID-19.